Patients Included Accreditation
We are committed to making this event as accessible as possible. In 2017 our Conference became the first NHS event to be internationally accredited as Patients Included, which recognises our dedication to including patients in our ongoing improvement and learning as an organisation.
- The event is designed and planned in partnership with Side-by-Side, our patient and family representative group. We work together on the theme, selection of speakers and workshops. This group will open the event, and will chair many of the sessions.
- The event will include presentations and workshops from patients and carers, and from those that work in partnership with us on improvement projects.
- Members of the public and patients are welcome to attend the event. There is no charge, and support with travel to the event. Alternatively, travel expenses are covered - refreshments are available throughout the day.
- All efforts will be made to accommodate accessibility needs. The event is jargon free, with accessible information formats. There will be quiet zones, hearing loops and the venue is fully wheelchair friendly.
- The event will be advertised and streamed on social media, and key presentations available after the event. Follow us on @solentacademy #solentconf19