Take a look at our strategy for 2018-2021
We focus on empowering and supporting our staff and patients
Here at the Academy of Research and Improvement, our aim is to equip our staff and patients with the skills and confidence to identify areas that could be improved, and tools to manage projects and measure impact.
We can provide support to staff and patients who are interested in Research, Quality Improvement, Clinical Effectiveness, innovation (Dragons’ Den), involving patients in improvement, as well as sharing learning and using evidence.
We both develop and deliver these activities, and support our teams and patients to do the same. We provide training, showcasing events, bespoke facilitation and an annual conference. If you'd like more information about the ways that we could support you to get involved in any of these activities, please drop us an email.
'To lead and facilitate improvement through innovation, learning and evidence based care across our communities.'
Our vision and our priorities have been developed in partnership with Side-by-Side (our patient and public involvement group), colleagues from around the Trust, key partners and our core team.
- Building strong relationships by working together to create a supportive and trusting environment with our patients, colleagues and communities.
- Everybody has the opportunity to contribute to innovative, effective and evidence-based care: patients, colleagues and communities.
- Taking responsibility and being professionally and personally accountable for ourselves, to our team, and to those who use our service.
- Everyone is listened to, appreciated and valued.
- Appreciate the roles and experiences of others, working flexibly and openly together to achieve our goals.