Role Description: Volunteer Vaccinator
COVID Vaccination Centres Volunteer
The focus of the role is to support the clinical team in the administration of the COVID-19 vaccinations including;
- Administer the vaccine to patients
- Recognise and respond as needed to any emergency – this may include helping a patient if they are having an allergic reaction to the vaccine
- Meeting and greeting patients, reassuring them pre and post vaccine
- Working collaboratively with small diverse teams including nurses, admin staff and other volunteers
- Completion of documentation associated with the administration of the vaccine, ensuring compliance with regulated requirements
- Maintain and awareness of the wellbeing of yourself and fellow volunteers so that support can be made available to everybody
- Observe hand gel and infection prevention practices at all times.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, whilst on duty or outside. This is an essential part of the role.
- Adhere to Trust policies i.e. Information Governance and confidentiality.
- Take photos whilst on duty or engage in social media in relation to their volunteering.
- Disclose any information to a third party. This is an essential part of the role.
- Access clinical areas or areas that has not been authorised.
- Take any equipment or patient information from the Trust property.